- Third Sundays with Sokol - This program will resume in May 2014.
- Book Club Meeting Thursday, March 6, 8:00 p.m. Our next reading will be “Like Dreamers” by Yossi Klein Halevi.
- First Friday New Members Family Shabbat Friday, March 7, Services at 6:30 p.m. Dinner to follow. We look forward to you joining us as we honor our new members. $18 per adult, $8 per child 6-13, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $50. Please R.S.V.P. by Wednesday, March 5th. For flyer, click here.
- “Fifty Shades of Esther, the Sequel” Thursday, March 13, 7:30 p.m. This pre-Purim study session will examine the influence of the Book of Esther on Victor Hugo, as the literary basis of the “Hunchback of Notre Dame”. Led by Rabbi Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- PURIM 5774/2014 Saturday, March 15, 7:30 p.m. Evening Service and Megillah Reading.Original Purim parodies aplenty! Come in Costume!! Sunday, March 16, 9:30 a.m. Morning Service and Megillah Reading.Purim refreshments will be served following services.RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or (201) 560-0200.Costumes Welcome!! For flyer, click here.
- “Something to Sing About” A Shabbat Eve speaker series Friday, March 21, 7:30 p.m. Aaron Noriega will report to the congregation on his recent trip to Israel with the Ha-Zamir Youth Chorale. An Oneg Shabbat will follow services. For flyer, click here.
- “Friday Night at the Museum”Friday, March 28, 7:30 p.m. Services will be followed by an Oneg Shabbat and… An exhibit of artwork, plaques, signs, memorabilia, and historic artifacts from Temple Emanuel of Paterson. For flyer, click here.
- “Introduction to Jewish Bio-Medical Ethics” Sunday, April 6, 7:30-8:30 p.m. Instructor: Rabbi Joseph Prouser. What does Judaism have to say about organ and tissue donation, abortion, suicide, reproductive technologies, cloning… Material based on the Rabbinical School course he taught at the Academy for Jewish Religion. This week’s topic: “Organ and Tissue Donation”. For flyer, click here.
- Passover Seder Workshop Thursday, April 10, 7:00-9:00 p.m. “Who knows TWO?” TENJ presents an expanded, two-part Seder Workshop led by TENJ Rabbinic Intern Caren Levine and Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser. Seder leaders and Guests… Help make this year’s Seder different from all other Seders! For flyer, click here.
- Oneg with Ora Friday, April 11, 7:30 p.m. Professor Ora Horn Prouser leads a study session during the Oneg Shabbat which follows the services. Innovative approaches to understanding the Bible will be presented. Next topic -”King David: Hero or Hedonist?”. For flyer, click here.
READ OUR LATEST PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program March 7, 2014
- The eManuel March 6, 2014
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope, as arranged by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- Chanukah Bulletin 2013-5774
TEMPLE EMANUEL IN THE NEWS
- Pictures of TENJFL’s President’s Day Celebration 2014.
- Birth of Freedom: Franklin Lakes Rabbi Chants Gettysburg Address in Hebrew by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- An Open Letter to Shadrach Levi Mugoya by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- AMC Series as Morality Play: Emanuel Panel to Discuss ‘Walking Dead’ Issues by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, November 2013
- Rabbi Prouser is featured in the Jewish Standard.
- Read about the recovery of the stained glass windows from our former home in Paterson on Patch.com.
- Pictures of our community-wide outdoor menorah lighting are featured on Patch.com. Check them out!
- Did you miss Joe Yudin’s talk on ‘The Arab Revolution, Israel & the Peace Process: What Lies Ahead?’ Read about it in “Former Israeli Paratrooper Brings Perspective to Current Mid-East Turmoil” in the Franklin Lakes Patch.