- First Friday Shabbat Dinner Friday, December 6, Services at 6:30 p.m. Dinner to follow. $18 per adult, $8 per child 6-13, children5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $50.00. Please R.S.V.P. by Wednesday, December 4th. For flyer, click here.
- Sisterhood Craft Project Sunday, December 8, 10:30 a.m. Come on down! We will be making simple craft projects to send to people in need. Please join us and bring a friend – we are a lively bunch!
- “Introduction to Jewish Bio-Medical Ethics” Sunday, December 8, 7:30-8:30 p.m. (Please note new date) Instructor: Rabbi Joseph Prouser. What does Judaism have to say about organ and tissue donation, abortion, suicide, reproductive technologies, cloning… Material based on the Rabbical School course he taught at the Academy for Jewish Religion. This week’s topic: “Abortion and the Status of the Fetus”. For flyer, click here.
- Monday Mitzvah Monday, December 9, 12:00 -1:00p.m. Please join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- Oneg with Ora Friday, December 13, 7:30 p.m. Professor Ora Horn Prouser leads a study session during the Oneg Shabbat which follows the services. Innovative approaches to understanding the Bible will be presented. Next topic -”Modern Israeli Poets Interpret the Bible”. For flyer, click here.
- Hebrew High School Monday, December 16 , 7-8:30 p.m. Pizza dinner served. “Who wrote the Book of Love?” Students need not be members of TENJFL to attend. To register, contact TENJFL. For flyer, click here.
- “My Jewish Inspiration” A Shabbat Eve speaker series Friday, December 20, 7:30 p.m. Members of Temple Emanuel discuss forces, individuals and experiences that helped shape their Jewish identity. December’s speaker will be Ellen Lipschitz. An Oneg Shabbat will follow services. For flyer, click here.
- Jews & Food: A Delicious Adult Education Series The Main Course “Gastronomic Expressions of Jewish Identity” on Tuesdays, January 14, 21, & 28, at 7:00 p.m. Instructor: Caren Levine and for Dessert “The Status of Imitation Trafe in the Talmud on Tuesday, February 4, at 7:00 p.m. Instructor: Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser. Samples will be provided! For flyer, click here.
- Third Sundays with Sokol Sunday, January 19, 2:00 p.m. “The 1939 New York World’s Fair – The Medicus Amateur Film Collection – Part 1″ (Silent – with an added soundtrack of British dance band music from the mid-1920′s to the late 1930′s) CONTENT ADVISORY: There is some nudity in these films. Light refreshments, INCLUDING ICE CREAM, will be provided. For flyer, click here.
- President’s Day Monday, February 17, 2014, Morning Minyan 7:00-8:00 a.m. Services will feature The Gettysburg Address translated into Hebrew and chanted as a Haftarah!! Light breakfast to follow. For flyer, click here.
READ OUR LATEST PUBLICATIONS
TEMPLE EMANUEL IN THE NEWS
- Rabbi Prouser is featured in the Jewish Standard.
- Read about the recovery of the stained glass windows from our former home in Paterson on Patch.com.
- Pictures of our community-wide outdoor menorah lighting are featured on Patch.com. Check them out!
- Did you miss Joe Yudin’s talk on ‘The Arab Revolution, Israel & the Peace Process: What Lies Ahead?’ Read about it in “Former Israeli Paratrooper Brings Perspective to Current Mid-East Turmoil” in the Franklin Lakes Patch.