- “My Jewish Inspiration” A Shabbat Eve speaker series During the congregation’s Friday evening Shabbat services (the third Friday of each month), Temple Emanuel members will reflect on their personal sources of inspiration. May’s speaker will be Kurt Hermann, introduced by his son, Joe Herrmann. Friday, May 24, 6:30 p.m. An Oneg Shabbat will follow services in honor of Joe and Dee Herrmann for their contributions to Temple Emanuel over the years.
- Monday Mitzvah Monday, May 27, 12:30– 1:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser.
- Mini-Hemi-Demi-Semester for Post-Bar/Bat Mitzvah & High School Students Monday, June 3, 7:00-8:30 p.m. First session “Joseph: Heroic Exemplar or Hateful Exploiter?” Join Rabbi Joseph Prouser for a FREE 5-Session Study Series. PIZZA dinner served at each class session. Classes meet at TENJ from 7:00-8:30 p.m. Register by calling TENJ Office: (201) 560-0200 Or email Rabbi Prouser: firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-TENJ-Members WELCOME!! Bring your friends!! Full, weekly schedule begins in Fall of 2013.
- First Fridays Family Shabbat, Friday, June 7, Services at 6:30 p.m., dinner at 7:30 p.m. Please R.S.V.P. by Wednesday, June 5.
- Third Sundays with Sokol: our long-running monthly series, hosted by film and music expert Charlie Sokol. April’s program will showcase “New York City Jewish Radio – 1930s to the 1950s”. Join us on Sundays, April 21, May 19 and June 9 at 2:00 PM. All are welcome.
- Book Club Meeting Wednesday, June 19, 8:00 p.m. Come discuss “Unorthodox” by Deborah Feldman, the true story of a young woman who escapes the strict embrace of her Satmar community.
READ OUR LATEST PUBLICATIONS
TEMPLE EMANUEL IN THE NEWS
- Rabbi Prouser is featured in the Jewish Standard.
- Read about the recovery of the stained glass windows from our former home in Paterson on Patch.com.
- Pictures of our community-wide outdoor menorah lighting are featured on Patch.com. Check them out!
- Did you miss Joe Yudin’s talk on ‘The Arab Revolution, Israel & the Peace Process: What Lies Ahead?’ Read about it in “Former Israeli Paratrooper Brings Perspective to Current Mid-East Turmoil” in the Franklin Lakes Patch.