- PASSOVER SERVICES 2014/5774 For a complete list of passover services including our brief seder night services from Monday, April 14th through Tuesday, April 22nd, click here.
- Book Club Meeting Thursday, May 1, 8:00 p.m. Our next reading will be “The English Girl” by Daniel Silva.
- First Friday Family Shabbat Friday, May 2, Services at 6:30 p.m. Dinner to follow. $18 per adult, $8 per child 6-13, children 5 and under are free. Maximum charge per family is $50. Please R.S.V.P. by Wednesday, April 30th. For flyer, click here.
- “Introduction to Jewish Bio-Medical Ethics” MAY 4TH SESSION TO BE RESCHEDULED
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, May 18, 2:00 p.m. Yiddish drama, “Green Fields” (with English subtitles). Light refreshments will be served. For flyer, click here.
- “How Much Truth is Enough?” Tuesday, May 27, 7:30 p.m. An Inter-Faith Panel Discussion: Is there such a thing as a harmless lie? Does the public deserve the whole truth from its leaders? What does the Bible REALLY say about truth and lying? When is falsehood a virtue? What it the difference between honesty and integrity? For flyer, click here.
- SAVE THE DATE – ANNUAL TEMPLE DINNER Sunday, June 8, 2014 We are happy to announce that we will be honoring Rabbi Joseph Prouser and Dr. Ora Horn Prouser for the enormous contribution they have and are continuing to make towards the rebirth of our Congregation. We at Temple Emanuel of Franklin Lakes are very blessed to have this extraordinary couple as leaders of our Temple family. Please watch for upcoming details about the Temple Dinner. For Journal Ad, click here. Thank you.
- “Celebrating 613” TENJFL celebrates the 613 Mitzvot on 6/13 at 6:13 p.m. Shabbat Evening services will include a “Siyyum” celebrating conclusion of the Chofetz Chayim’s “Sefer Ha-Mitzvot Ha-Katzar” Please join us for services, a celebration of adult learning and an Oneg Shabbat. For flyer, click here.
- Oneg with Ora Friday, June 20, 7:30 p.m. Professor Ora Horn Prouser leads a study session during the Oneg Shabbat which follows the services. Innovative approaches to understanding the Bible will be presented. Next topic – To be announced…
READ OUR LATEST PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program April 11, 2014
- The eManuel April 10, 2014
- Passover Bulletin 2014-5774
- Seder Supplement 5774/2014: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry on the Passover Haggadah
- Pictures of TENJFL’s Purim Celebration 2014
- Pictures of TENJFL’s President’s Day Celebration 2014
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope video edited by Reid Paul
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope text, as arranged by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- Memorial Tribute to Ariel Sharon by Rabbi Joseph Prouser
TEMPLE EMANUEL IN THE NEWS
- “From Rasha, With Love” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, March 27, 2014
- Birth of Freedom: Franklin Lakes Rabbi Chants Gettysburg Address in Hebrew by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- An Open Letter to Shadrach Levi Mugoya by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- AMC Series as Morality Play: Emanuel Panel to Discuss ‘Walking Dead’ Issues by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, November 2013
- Rabbi Prouser is featured in the Jewish Standard.
- Read about the recovery of the stained glass windows from our former home in Paterson on Patch.com.
- Pictures of our community-wide outdoor menorah lighting are featured on Patch.com. Check them out!
- Did you miss Joe Yudin’s talk on ‘The Arab Revolution, Israel & the Peace Process: What Lies Ahead?’ Read about it in “Former Israeli Paratrooper Brings Perspective to Current Mid-East Turmoil” in the Franklin Lakes Patch.