Welcome to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey!
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey is a sacred community that welcomes participants from all backgrounds and ages. Our community is the heart and soul of our congregation. We value individual spiritual growth, Jewish learning, and acting in the world to make it a better place. Our prayer services are traditional, egalitarian, Conservative in which Jewish men and women participate equally. We encourage interfaith families to join us and become a part of our community. Our membership includes individuals and families from Bergen and Passaic Counties, New York, and beyond.
Our synagogue is located in Franklin Lakes overlooking the beautiful Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve. Our community is boundless!
- Hilchot Chagim Monday, September 8 , 12:30 noon – 1:30 p.m. (NO CLASS 9/1) Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- Book Club Meeting Thursday, September 11th, 8:00 p.m. Please come join us at our next meeting, when we will discuss “If Not Now, When?” by Primo Levi.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, September 14th, 2:00 p.m. JERUSALEM – A collection of 18 short documentary films on Jerusalem. Light refreshments will be served. For flyer, click here.
- Selichot Cabaret Saturday Evening, September 20th, Cabaret – 9:00 p.m., Selichot Service – 10:00 p.m. Join us for an evening of music with Guest Cantor, Lois Kittner, accompanied by Ed Stolarz and with a Special Guest Performance by Eitan Prouser. For flyer, click here.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about holiday tickets (201) 560-0200.
We are pleased to be part of the EZ Key program. New to the community? Click here to request High Holiday Tickets through the EZ Key Program. Be sure to request tickets to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey in Franklin Lakes.
READ OUR PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program August 22, 2014
- The eManuel August 19, 2014
- ADL’s “Know Your Rights and Obligations: How to Handle School and Workplace Conflicts with the High Holidays“
- Passover Bulletin 2014-5774
Rabbi Prouser’s Sermons and Articles
- Remembering Gilad, Eyal, and Naftali, July 4, 2014 sermon by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- “Stones with a Human Heart” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, The Jewish Standard, June 19, 2014
- “Holy, Holy, Holy“ by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, May 9, 2014″
- On the Canonization of John XXIII and John Paul II”
May 3, 2014 sermon by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- “From Rasha, With Love” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, March 27, 2014
- Seder Supplement 5774/2014: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry on the Passover Haggadah compiled by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- An Open Letter to Shadrach Levi Mugoya by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope text, as arranged by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- Memorial Tribute to Ariel Sharon by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, January 18, 2014
- Photos from TENJFL’s Gala Honoring Rabbi Joseph and Dr. Ora Horn Prouser, June 8, 2014
- Photos from TENJ’s Purim Celebration 2014
- Photos from TENJ’s President’s Day Celebration 2014
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope video edited by Reid Paul, from TENJ’s President’s Day Celebration 2014
TENJ in the Media
- “To Tell the Truth?“ by Joanne Palmer, The Jewish Standard, May 25, 2014
- Birth of Freedom: Franklin Lakes Rabbi Chants Gettysburg Address in Hebrew by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- AMC Series as Morality Play: Emanuel Panel to Discuss ‘Walking Dead’ Issues by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, November 2013
- Read about the recovery of the stained glass windows from our former home in Paterson on NorthJersey.com
- Did you miss Joe Yudin’s talk on ‘The Arab Revolution, Israel & the Peace Process: What Lies Ahead?’ Read about it in “Former Israeli Paratrooper Brings Perspective to Current Mid-East Turmoil” in the Wyckoff Patch, March 2011
Interested in learning more about our community? Are you an alum of Temple Emanuel? Sign up for our e-newsletter, The eManuel. Contact the office to subscribe!