- Oneg with Ora Friday, July 18th, 7:30 p.m. (changed from August 22) Professor Ora Horn Prouser leads a study session during the Oneg Shabbat which follows the services. Innovative approaches to understanding the Bible will be presented. Next topic: “Ora’s latest research!” For flyer, click here.
- Sundays with Sokol Sunday, July 20, 2:00 p.m. FAMILY AFTERNOON AT THE MOVIES – “Wizard of Oz” and “Goldrush”. Ice cream, popcorn and light refreshments will be served. For flyer, click here.
- Hilchot Chagim Monday, July 21, 12:30 noon – 1:30 p.m. Join our ongoing weekly adult study program with Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser. For flyer, click here.
- Arthur Balfour’s Birthday Party Friday, July 25th, 7:30 p.m. The Oneg Shabbat following 7:30 p.m. services will celebrate the contribution of British Foreign Secretary (and later Prime Minister) Arthur Balfour to the founding of the State of Israel. The menu will be British: tea, scones… (Is there Kosher “Spotted Dick”?) For flyer, click here.
- Barbecue Dinner Friday, August 15th BBQ dinner on the lawn at 6:30 p.m., followed by services at 7:30 p.m. $10 per adult, $5 per child under 13. Please RSVP by Tuesday, August 12th. For flyer, click here.
- Kiddush With Caren Friday, August 22, 7:30 p.m. Rabbinical Student and TENJ Rabbinic Intern Caren Levine will be the featured speaker at Friday evening services.
- Social Action Shabbat – Packages for U.S. Soldiers Friday, August 8th, 7:00 p.m. Before services begin (7-7:30 p.m.), we will assemble “care packages” to be sent to U.S. service men and women. Watch for details on what items you may donate in the packages: gum, magazine, lip balm, toiletries, tchotchkes… For flyer, click here.
READ OUR LATEST PUBLICATIONS
- Shabbat Program July 11, 2014
- The eManuel July 8, 2014
- Remembering Gilad, Eyal, and Naftali, July 4, 2014 Sermon by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- Pictures from TENJFL’s Gala Honoring Rabbi Joseph and Dr. Ora Horn Prouser, June 8, 2014
- “On the Canonization of John XXIII and John Paul II“
Sermon delivered by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser on Shabbat Parshat Emor 5774
- Passover Bulletin 2014-5774
- Seder Supplement 5774/2014: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry on the Passover Haggadah
- Pictures of TENJFL’s Purim Celebration 2014
- Pictures of TENJFL’s President’s Day Celebration 2014
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope video edited by Reid Paul
- The Gettysburg Address with Haftara Trope text, as arranged by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser
- Memorial Tribute to Ariel Sharon by Rabbi Joseph Prouser
TEMPLE EMANUEL IN THE NEWS
- “Stones with a Human Heart” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, The Jewish Standard, June 19, 2014
- “To Tell the Truth?“ by Joanne Palmer, The Jewish Standard, May 25, 2014
- “Holy, Holy, Holy“ by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, May 9, 2014
- “From Rasha, With Love” by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, March 27, 2014
- Birth of Freedom: Franklin Lakes Rabbi Chants Gettysburg Address in Hebrew by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- An Open Letter to Shadrach Levi Mugoya by Rabbi Joseph H. Prouser, Jewish Standard, February 2014
- AMC Series as Morality Play: Emanuel Panel to Discuss ‘Walking Dead’ Issues by Joanne Palmer, Jewish Standard, November 2013
- Rabbi Prouser is featured in the Jewish Standard.
- Read about the recovery of the stained glass windows from our former home in Paterson on Patch.com.
- Pictures of our community-wide outdoor menorah lighting are featured on Patch.com. Check them out!
- Did you miss Joe Yudin’s talk on ‘The Arab Revolution, Israel & the Peace Process: What Lies Ahead?’ Read about it in “Former Israeli Paratrooper Brings Perspective to Current Mid-East Turmoil” in the Franklin Lakes Patch.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Temple Emanuel of North Jersey welcomes you to join us at this year’s High Holiday services. Please be in touch with the office for details about holiday tickets (201) 560-0200.
We are pleased to be part of the EZ Key program. New to the community? Click here to request High Holiday Tickets through the EZ Key Program. Be sure to request tickets to Temple Emanuel of North Jersey in Franklin Lakes.