We will celebrate the High Holidays with our new rabbi, Rabbi Joseph Prouser, and Cantor Eddy Ehrlich. The holidays are on the following dates:Selichot Saturday evening, September 8 Rosh Hashanah Sunday evening, September 16 Monday, September 17 Tuesday, September 18 Yom Kippur Tuesday evening, September 25 Wednesday, September 26
Our High Holiday Schedule will be available in mid-August.
Temple Emanuel High Holiday Ticket Policy
To receive tickets:
- Please complete and return the High Holiday Ticket Reservation Form with any payment, if necessary.
- All Temple Emanuel members in good standing are eligible to receive High Holiday tickets. Members in good standing are those whose accounts are current as of June 30, 2011 or who have made arrangements with the temple if there are special or extenuating circumstances.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the temple office regarding any special or extenuating circumstances; the treasurer or president will contact you to discuss arrangements.
Membership ticket information:
- A household with a family membership receives two High Holiday tickets.
- A household with a single membership receives one High Holiday ticket.
- Associate members do not receive High Holiday tickets with their associate membership.
- Tickets are provided for members’ children up to age 22 to attend the sanctuary service.
Purchasing extra tickets:
- Family members who pay their 2012-2013 membership dues by July 31, 2012 will receive two additional High Holiday tickets. Single members who pay their 2012-2013 dues by July 31, 2012 qill receive one additional ticket.
- Family and Single member households may purchase additional High Holiday tickets for family members for $50 each.
- Associate members may purchase High Holiday tickets for $180 each.
- All tickets provide you with a seat for both days of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Since our sanctuary has no fixed seats, seating will be assigned by rows.
- If you have special circumstances regarding seating or will need to use the lift to reach the Sanctuary, please indicate this on the ticket reservation form.
- All are invited to join the rabbi and cantor on the bimah in the sanctuary for the blowing of the shofar on both days of Rosh Hashanah and at the conclusion of services on Yom Kippur. If you have a shofar, please bring it to the temple before the start of the holiday.
- If you are interested in learning how to blow shofar, please contact the office to join the classes which will be offered in September.
When will I receive my High Holiday tickets?
- Tickets will be mailed to you prior to the High Holidays. By returning your forms as soon as possible, you will help us process ticket requests more quickly.
For more information:
- Please email or call the temple office at 201-560-0200.